Wix Transfer Domain. For a site to be published online, it needs to have an address. The unique set of characters that identifies a specific website, or simply the virtual address of a website, is called a domain name. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) grants domain registrars (domain hosts) the authority to register domain names, and you need to go through one of these registrars if you want to get your own domain.
Wix Transfer Domain
Due to price, features, or any problem that they have with a registrar, a domain owner may decide to transfer to a different registrar. This process of changing the designated registrar of a domain name is called a domain transfer. However, domain names may be transferred only if they have been registered with the previous registrar for 60 days or more.
Wix, a leading cloud-based development platform, allows its users to buy a domain from them. However, in order to connect a domain to your Wix site you must first upgrade to one of their premium plans.
The cost of a Wix domain differs depending on a number of factors, including:
- The type of domain extension
- Your local currency
- The number of years selected
- Adding privacy protection
- The use of a domain voucher
- Your local tax or VAT laws
Transfer Domain To Wix
By transferring a domain you purchased elsewhere to Wix, you are making Wix your domain host. This means your domain's contact information, DNS settings, and registration payments are all managed from within your Wix account.
To transfer your domain to Wix:
- Click here to get started.
- Read the instructions and click Start Transfer.
- Enter the domain you want to transfer (e.g., mystunningwebsite.com).
- Click the drop-down menu to select where the domain was purchased from and click Continue.
- Log in to the account where your domain was purchased, then in your Wix account, click I logged in.
- Unlock your domain in the account where your domain was purchased, then in your Wix account, click I unlocked it.
- Get an authorization code from the account where your domain was purchased, then in your Wix account, paste it into the Enter authorization code field.
- Click Continue.
Transfer Domain From Wix
If you have purchased a domain from Wix, you can later transfer it to another domain host.
To transfer your Wix domain away from Wix:
- Go to the Domains page.
- Click the Show More icon next to the relevant domain and select Transfer Away from Wix.
Transferring your domain to and from different domain hosts is easy, but it is important to note that transferring a domain is different from connecting a domain. If you simply wish to connect your existing domain name to a website, you don't necessarily need to transfer. As long as you have access to your domain control panel, you can stay with your current domain host. To connect an existing domain that you purchased elsewhere to Wix, your host will give you some DNS settings, and Wix hosts your DNS, while your domain remains registered with its current registrar. Alternatively, you can keep your DNS hosted outside of Wix, and just use the Pointing Method to connect your existing domain to Wix.